Terms and Conditions
Click & Collect
- Click & Collect is a free service.
- All product on the website qualifies for Click & Collect unless marked 'in-store only' or orders requiring delivery more than one week in advance.
- Orders are usually available within 24 hours after completing the transaction.
- All Click & Collect orders are collected from Customer Services, Lower Ground floor, Ballantynes Christchurch during store opening hours.
- If an item is found to be out of stock you will be contacted within 24 hours with alternative products or refunded. Normal website availability clauses apply (see below.)
- The Click & Collect service is selected on the delivery details page of the checkout, or requested when speaking to Customer Services on the phone.
- Click & Collect orders qualify for gift-wrapping and this should be selected in the checkout or when speaking to Customer Services on the phone.
- Click & Collect orders can be placed up to one week in advance.
- Your Click & Collect order will be held for a maximum of one week. After this the purchaser will be contacted to arrange courier delivery or cancellation. If not reachable, the goods will be returned to stock, your order canceled and your payment refunded.
- You will be asked for a copy of the 'ready to collect' email (either printed or on a mobile device) to collect your order.
- Your order can be collected on your behalf. The recipient would need to provide a copy of the 'ready to collect' email (either printed or on a mobile device) to collect your order.
- If you need to change Click & Collect order to courier delivery, please contact Customer Services to do this. Note that courier delivery is charged for.
- If you wish to change an order scheduled for courier-delivery to Click & Collect, please contact Customer Services to do this. If the order has already been dispatched then this option will not be available.
Pricing & Availability
All prices on the website are in New Zealand Dollars (NZD) and inclusive of GST (Goods and Services Tax) of 15%.
We try to ensure the accuracy of all information on ballantynes.co.nz, however we reserve the right at any time to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information without prior notice. Such errors, inaccuracies or omissions may relate to pricing and availability and we reserve the right to cancel or refuse to accept any order placed based on incorrect pricing (including promotional deals, discount coupons) or availability information.
Age restricted product (including alcohol)
We cannot sell products containing alcohol to persons under the age of 18. By placing an order for these products, you are confirming that you are of legal age and that the information you provide is truthful and correct. It is an offence to attempt to buy restricted goods if you are under age or to purchase these goods for someone who is under age.
Ballantynes offers our customers information about various products and services we think may be of interest to them. We may mail or email promotional material to you in accordance with your communciation preferences. Please be assured this information will remain confidential to Ballantynes (your details are only collected and maintained by us and supplied to our communication providers) and that you may update your preferences and have your details corrected or removed at anytime by contacting us.
If you are just surfing and reading information on our Website, then we collect and store the following information from your visit:
- I.P. Address.
- Browser and Operating System.
- Pages Visited
We do not sell information which identifies you personally. This information is used only for statistical purposes and how we may enhance the customer experience.
Our website uses a technology called cookies. A cookie is a small amount of data that our website may send to your computer. Any such cookie is typically stored on your computer's hard drive and permits our website to recognise you when you return. It is essentially your identification card for your visit, and cannot be executed as code or deliver viruses. It is uniquely yours and can only be read by our site. There is no data in a cookie that can personally identify you.
Your use of the Services involves the collection by us of personal information about you, such as your email address, name, home or work address or telephone number. We may also collect demographic information, such as your age, gender, preferences and interests. This information is used by us for the operation of Services, to maintain quality of Services, to provide general statistics regarding use of the Services and to assist us to deliver customised content and advertising to our customers.
Where possible, information will be obtained directly from you, but otherwise it may be provided from others (with your consent), or generated within or by the systems used to provide our Services.
You may ask to see any information we hold about you and we will provide it as long as we have such information and can readily retrieve it. You may also ask us to correct any incorrect information we hold about you.
We may occasionally monitor telephone calls between existing and new customers and our personnel to help train our personnel to provide better customer service. We may also monitor communications between our customers and third parties to maintain and support our systems and to safeguard the security and integrity of our services.
We may provide your personal information to our related companies, our contractors, credit reference and debt collection agencies, communications network operators and selected business partners to:
- provide our Services for you and others
- send your bills and recover money you owe
- keep you informed of and conduct sales and marketing activities in relation to Services available
- exercise any lawful right we or any of our related companies, our contractors, credit reference and debt collection agencies, communications network operators and selected business partners has.
Although we may publish aggregated information relating to your use of the Services, such as usage patterns, we do not disclose information in a form that could reasonably be expected to identify you, without your prior permission. Personal information collected in relation to your use of the Services is stored and processed in New Zealand.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose information about you or your use of the Website and/or Services without your prior permission if we have a good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- conform to legal requirements (including, but not limited to, requirements in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or government request) or comply with legal process, or to help maintain the law
- protect our rights or property or those of our related companies
- enforce our Customer Terms or Service Terms
- act to protect the interests of our, or our related companies, customers or others.
We do not sell, rent or lease our visitor or customer information to third parties.
External "Third party" websites
We encourage you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from our Website so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and share information. We are not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites linked from our Website.
The ballantynes.co.nz website uses SSL technology that scrambles all confidential data entered by you, such as payment details and address information, before being supplied and decoded by our payment and hosting providers. When you create an account or place an order, look for the SSL security padlock at the right of the address bar. This is what it looks like in Internet Explorer 10 on Windows:
Credit Card Liability
In the event that you receive unsolicited charges on your credit card bill, most credit card suppliers agree, in their credit card terms and conditions, to limit the amount of fraudulent charges for which the cardholder will be liable. This means that if you are able to prove that the purchase made over the Internet was not made by you, you may not be liable for the total amount of these fraudulent charges, but please check if your credit card supplier offers this and the details of the limit and when it applies, before you begin shopping online.
Changes to our Policy
We may, at our discretion, update or revise this Policy at any time. Any changes will take effect immediately once they are posted on our Website. It is your responsibility to check this Policy regularly for any modifications or updates. Your continued use of our Services after any changes have been posted on our Website indicates your acceptance of those changes.
Our Commitment to You:
At Ballantynes we are committed to helping you have a safe and enjoyable online shopping experience. Please feel free to contact us should you have any questions or problems.