Ballantynes Privacy & Security Policy
- Our Commitment to You
- Information We Collect
- How We Collect Information
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- Disclosure of Personal Information
- How We Hold Information and Keep it Secure
- Promotional Communications
- Our Contact Details
1. Our Commitment to You
Ballantynes is committed to helping you have a safe and enjoyable online shopping experience as well as protecting your privacy. This Privacy Statement explains in general terms how Ballantynes collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information under the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993.
Your use of our Website and/or Services shows your conditional consent to our collection, use and disclosure of personal information in the manner set out below. We may amend this Privacy Statement as our business requires or the law changes. Any changes to this Privacy Statement will be updated on this page www.ballantynes.co.nz/privacy
In these Terms, the expressions “us”, ”we”, “our” and “Ballantynes” are a reference to J. Ballantyne & Company Limited (company incorporation number 120724); reference to “you” is the Customer and "the Website” refers to www.ballantynes.co.nz and any subdomains or directories of the Website (eg www.ballantynes.co.nz/registry)
3. Information We Collect
The personal information may include your name, contact details (including email address and / or phone numbers), date of birth as well as payment details (such as credit/debit card number, expiry date, billing and postal addresses) you provide when placing an order with us or signing up for information from us.
We will also require you to confirm your age and that of the order's recipient as being 18 years or over in the case of alcohol sales online.
4. How We Collect Information
We may collect personal information about you when you purchase our goods, use our services online (eg Gift Registry), sign up to receive our emails or other communications, enter into one of our competitions, log into your Ballantynes Online Account or otherwise interact with us.
5. How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- (a) to improve your shopping experience;
- (b) to send news, information about our products, services and promotions which we believe may be useful to you;
- (c) to monitor who is accessing the Website or purchasing products offered on the web site;
- (d) to profile the type of people accessing the Website including analysing trends and statistics;
- (e) to help us learn more about your shopping preferences;
- (f) to help us address problems with and improve our site design, products and services;
- (g) to protect the security or integrity of our Website and our business (eg complying with legal requirements in relation to the sale of alcohol.)
- (h) to send you any accounts and recover any monies owed by you
Please note that we do not store credit card information and that are payment systems are PCI compliant, using a tokenised method of payment validation.
6. Disclosure of Personal Information
We may share your personal information in the following ways:
- (a) with our service providers who manage our Customer information and perform services on our behalf, such as sending emails to our Customers. We do not authorise these service providers to make any other use or disclosure of your information;
- (b) when we team up with another company to offer or provide products, services or promotions to our Customers;
- (c) to conform to legal requirements (including, but not limited to, requirements in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or government request) or comply with legal process, or to help maintain the law;
- (d) to enforce our rights under these terms and conditions.
Except as set out above, we will not sell or otherwise provide your personal information to a third party, or make any other use of your personal information for any purpose which is not related (directly or indirectly) or incidental to your use of this website. For the avoidance of doubt, your personal information will not be used for any purpose which a reasonable person in your position would not expect. Personal information which we collect may be aggregated for analysis but in such circumstances we would ensure that individuals would remain anonymous.
You may ask to see what information we hold about you at any time. You may ask to have your details corrected or removed at anytime by contacting us
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on the web browser on your computer. It is essentially your identification card for your visit, and cannot be executed as code or deliver viruses. It is uniquely yours and can only be read by our site. There is no data in a cookie that can personally identify you. The Website may store cookies on your web browser.
The main reasons we store cookies are:
- to improve your website browsing experience. For example, to remember your search criteria so you don't have to re-enter them to do multiple searches and to remember your site preferences for your next visit to the site;
- to gather statistics on site usage. For example, page views and drop off points so we can monitor site usage and make improvements to site usability;
- to enable us to present customised and appropriate messages from Ballantynes.
If you have a Ballantynes online account and are logged into it, the information we collect via cookies may be linked with your personal information.
8. How We Hold Information and Keep it Secure
We hold your personal information in electronic files. We use third party information system providers who store and may have access to your personal information. When you place an order through the Website, a secure server is used. Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encrypts the information you send the Website.
The website uses SSL technology that scrambles all confidential data entered by you, such as payment details and address information, before being supplied and decoded by our payment and hosting providers. When you create an account or place an order, look for the SSL security padlock in the address bar:
9. Promotional Communications
We only want to communicate with you if you want to hear from us. Accordingly, if you receive promotional material from us but would prefer not to receive such information, please unsubscribe using the link in the email which we sent to you (see bottom of each email) or contact us to have your name removed from future publication mailings. If you ask us to remove your name and address from promotional lists, please note that it may take up to 2 working days to process your request, during which period you may continue to receive communications from us.
If you unsubscribe from receiving promotional material, you will still receive order confirmation and status emails for any orders placed by you using your email address. We may also need to contact you via telephone, email or postal mail with questions or information regarding your order.
10. Our Contact Details